This Centre will aim to develop awareness of and responsiveness to gender for risks and disasters through excellence in research.
The launch event will take the form of a panel discussion followed by a networking reception.
Talks from invited speakers, 18:00 - 19:30 in the Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre.
- Maureen Fordham, UCL IRDR Centre for Gender and Disaster
- Cecilia Aipira, United Nations Development Programme
- Ellie Cosgrave, Deputy Director, City Leadership Lab, UCL
- Virginie Le Masson, Overseas Development Institute
- Sara Hall, Stonewall
- Sunil Pant, Blue Diamond Society, Nepal
- Roger Yates, Plan International
- Ilan Kelman, UCL IRDR and IGH